Hello there people of the world. Today I am so excited to share with you one of my latest discovery in world music. Her name is Concha Buika. She is one of those fearless and free form voices that will enchant you like the goddess of old. Her music dwells within Jazz and Flamenco, within light and deeper sounds that will resonate deep into your skin. I’ve watch her latest video on youtube, like a hundred times, and not once I’ve got bore or one to move on. So this is the video I want to share with you today from her latest EP called “Para mi”. Check it out and let me know your thoughts on the comments below.
Cheers and enjoy this video
- Concha Buika full name is: María Concepción Balboa Buika
- Born on May 11, 1972, in Palma de Mallorca in Spain
- Buika is a singer, poet, composer and music producer.
- Her music draws on a wide range of influences, from jazz and flamenco to pop, soul and African polyrhythm.
- She began her career as a drummer and bassist, turning to singing only because “in Spain nobody wanted a female drummer.
- Her album Niña de Fuego was nominated for the 2008 Latin Grammy Award for Album of the Year and La Noche Más Larga was nominated for Best Latin Jazz Album at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards in 2014.