Well it’s Friday again and as promised on my post last week, I am bringing you today another amazing artist. This time (through music) I am going to take you to Portugal. I intend to use the same formula as last week, a little personal review, the video and some facts after.
What I love most about Sara Tavares is her amazing voice and the cadence of her unique guitar playing style. Through her music you can feel the soul of Portugal and Africa combine. She is definitively one of my top 5 artist. Through her voice you can hear the voices of a generation. You can close your eyes and be taken to a place where everything is what is suppose to be. You can feel that you belong, that you are unique and most importantly, that you are loved. Anyhow I will leave it at this. Listen to this amazing tune, that translates as Beautiful Things. Happy Friday everyone. Until next time
- Sara Tavares full name is: Sara Alexandra Lima Tavares
- She was born and brought up in Lisbon, Portugal, where she still lives.
- Second-generation Portuguese of Cape Verdean descent.
- She composes in Portuguese and Portuguese-based creole languages.
- Tavares won the 1993/1994 final of the Endemol song contest Chuva de Estrelas (performing Whitney Houston’s “One Moment in Time”).
- She’s also known for singing the European-Portuguese version of “God Help the Outcasts” for the Disney movie “The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” which won a Disney award for the best version of the original song.
- Sara Tavares won a Portuguese Golden Globe for Best Portuguese Singer in 2000.